Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Long, Long, time ago...Somewhere in PA

I Thought I would take you back a bit, as I was searching these photos, Memories come back.

I was looking through some old photos and came across this of my mother and myself hiking in the woods. It was cold out but who noticed : ).

We went out where my Father would hunt. He loves the woods so much and wanted us to enjoy it too. There were 10 of us out there.

Now I can say at the time it was not so bad but being in the woods was Dads thing, not mine. I walk with mom but not so sure I was happy about it.

Don't you just love the Hat I have on ?
It was long with a ball on the end.
I remember it well.
There is one other thing I remember well about that hike it was my little brother Kevin.
He was about 4 at the time, we were setting up to eat some beans and hotdogs mom packed for us to have.
Kevin took his hot dog and sat himself down in the crock of a tree holding the hotdog saying...
I like it this way and took a bite. It was not cooked or anything he just ate it .We laughed with him , he was just a happy boy . If this gives you any idea how long ago,

Kevin just turned 48 in November, looks like about 44 years ago. My how time does fly.
By the way Kevin is the big hunter now in those same woods how lovley he took after dad. Kevins son got a buck and had the whole head mounted. I have not seen that yet but I will someday I am sure.
Here is a pic of my Father. I took this of him about a year before he passed away. He always had the beard for his hunting, so, I know it was about fall 2005. I miss my dad but life goes on and he is in a good place..

Just wanted to share so I will close for now, See you on the Flip side.

Loves and Smiles .....Mary


Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

I loved this post - so sweet. You should write about your adventures more. Very touching. TFS.